on the bug

Mon Jul 11 23:29:36 UTC 2005

paul johnson <paulzjoh at MTNHOME.COM> writes:
<<<
I clearly remember "on the bug" as a carny term for a rigged lottery wheel.
The "bug" was the device that controlled what number would come up when:

 'The wheel goes round and round and no one knows where it will stop'

This was in the late '40's

I remember that expression as a rhyme, from my '50s childhood:

        Round and round and round she goes
        And where she stops nobody knows

-- Mark
[This text prepared with Dragon NaturallySpeaking.]