"little joe from kokomo" and "african billiards"

Wilson Gray wilson.gray at RCN.COM
Wed Jul 13 23:33:17 UTC 2005

Okay. I've long been familiar with " ,,, dominoes" from literature, but
" ... billiards" I've neither read nor heard before today. Given that
actual dominoes is an *extremely* popular game amongst the colored, I
can assume only that "African ... " term must have been thought up by
some member of the other group with nothing better to do than to heap
further opprobrium onto the backs of the members of an already
much-maligned minority. ;-)

-Wilson