Loose talk

Patti Kurtz tb5fab at GMAIL.COM
Thu Jul 14 19:56:53 UTC 2005

"Borrow" for "lend" is very common here in ND.  My students say it all
the  time; recently, a student form my linguistics course asked a fellow
teacher, "Can you borrow (lend) me a pencil?"  She was immediately
startled because she hadn't even realized she used that expression
though we'd talked about it in class.

Patti Kurtz

--

Straker - Good. Let me give you a piece of advice Paul. Don't ever judge
a situation by the end of a conversation.