Piadina (1975); Broken Sea

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Sat Jul 16 17:21:44 UTC 2005

BROKEN SEA
I went to my third Pongsri restaurant, the newer one at 23rd Street. A
specialty is "Broken Sea," but I don't see that anywhere else.
_Pongsri Thai Restaurant_
(http://www.google.com/url?sa=U&start=1&q=http://www.pongsri.com/menu/&e=912)      Pongsri Thai Restaurant offers a unique
variety of daily dishes for lunch and dinner, ... The Broken  Sea - $15.95,
Bangkok's Chicken - $10.95 ...
www.pongsri.com/menu/ - 33k - _Cached_
(http://72.14.207.104/search?q=cache:Zt4wTPDvkOcJ:www.pongsri.com/menu/+"broken+sea"+restaurant&hl=en&start=1&ie=UTF-
8)  - _Similar pages_
(http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&q=related:www.pongsri.com/menu/)
PIADINA
I passed by Daniele's Piadina (_www.dpiadina.com_ (http://www.dpiadina.com)
), a restaurant about three  months old. New York City now has at least two
restaurants with "piadina" in the  name.
"Piadina" is not in OED, of course. I've gotta do every food term in my
spare time for free.
(GOOGLE)
_Delicious Italy - Piadina romagnola sandwich_
(http://www.google.com/url?sa=U&start=2&q=http://www.deliciousitaly.com/EmiliaRomagnadishes13.htm&e=912)
 Piadina romagnola typical sandwich dish,  Delicious Italy local food guide,
gastronomic itienararies, italian ham  lunch, traditional food and wine.
www.deliciousitaly.com/EmiliaRomagnadishes13.htm - 20k -  _Cached_
(http://72.14.207.104/search?q=cache:RYwEKFhQfZAJ:www.deliciousitaly.com/EmiliaRomagnadis
hes13.htm+piadina&hl=en&start=2&ie=UTF-8)  - _Similar pages_
(http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&q=related:www.deliciousitaly.com/EmiliaRomagna
dishes13.htm)
_ItalianMade.com - RECIPES: PIADINA_
(http://www.google.com/url?sa=U&start=9&q=http://www.italianmade.com/recipes/recipe121.cfm&e=912)      Learn how to
prepare Piadina. From the  BREAD, PIZZA and FOCACCIA section of our online
Italian cookbook.
www.italianmade.com/recipes/recipe121.cfm - 13k -  _Cached_
(http://72.14.207.104/search?q=cache:qHb8wzHamjAJ:www.italianmade.com/recipes/recipe121.cfm+piad
ina&hl=en&start=9&ie=UTF-8)  - _Similar pages_
(http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&q=related:www.italianmade.com/recipes/recipe121.cfm)
_Piadina - New York, NY, 10011-8754 - Citysearch_
(http://www.google.com/url?sa=U&start=3&q=http://newyork.citysearch.com/profile/7104805/&e=912)
Come to Citysearch to get information, directions, and  reviews on Piadina
and other Restaurants in New York.
newyork.citysearch.com/profile/7104805/ - 64k -  _Cached_
(http://72.14.207.104/search?q=cache:pETmhNdB_sQJ:newyork.citysearch.com/profile/7104805/+piadina&
hl=en&start=3&ie=UTF-8)  - _Similar pages_
(http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&q=related:newyork.citysearch.com/profile/7104805/)
<NO
_Daniele's Piadina - NYC Restaurant &  Menu Guide. Menus, Ratings ..._
(http://www.google.com/url?sa=U&start=29&q=http://www.menupages.com/restaurantdetails
.asp?neighborhoodid=0&restaurantid=6037&e=912)

The Ultimate NYC Restaurant and Menu Guide  including Ratings, Reviews, Maps
& more. Menus for over 3900 New  York City, NY restaurants in two convenient
www.menupages.com/restaurantdetails.  asp?neighborhoodid=0&restaurantid=6037
- 59k -  _Cached_
(http://72.14.207.104/search?q=cache:BpaGu-vux7EJ:www.menupages.com/restaurantdetails.asp?neighborhoodid=0&restaurantid=6037+piadina&hl=en&
start=29&ie=UTF-8)  - _Similar pages_
(http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&q=related:www.menupages.com/restaurantdetails.asp?neighborhoodid=0&re
staurantid=6037)
<NO
<NO
<NOBR>(PROQUEST HISTORICAL  NEWSP
<NO
_Here's a list of good, but little-known Roman  restaurants_
(http://proquest.umi.com/pqdweb?index=3&did=633868552&SrchMode=1&sid=1&Fmt=10&VInst=PROD&VType=
PQD&RQT=309&VName=HNP&TS=1121533927&clientId=65882)
Susan  Pierres. Chicago Tribune (1963-Current  file). Chicago, Ill.: Apr 27,
1975. p. C14 (1 page)
<NOBR>..._piadina_ [another original first course, specialty  from Emilia
region consisting of local greens and fresh cheese  spread onto a particular type
of warm unleavened  bre
<NO
_If  you go; Where to Sample _
(http://proquest.umi.com/pqdweb?index=5&did=115319446&SrchMode=1&sid=1&Fmt=10&VInst=PROD&VType=PQD&RQT=309&VName=HNP&TS=11215
34070&clientId=65882)
L.J..  New York Times (1857-Current file). New  York, N.Y.: Jan 24, 1988. p.
XX12 (1 page) :
<NOBR>At _Ca de Ven_ at 24 Via Corrado Ricci, Ravena, you can  get a piadina
served with four traditional fillings: ham, salami,  greens and c
<NO

_Piadina,  Flat Bread Prized in Romagna_
(http://proquest.umi.com/pqdweb?index=6&did=115319444&SrchMode=1&sid=1&Fmt=12&VInst=PROD&VType=PQD&RQT=309&VName=HN
P&TS=1121534070&clientId=65882)
By LINDA  JEFFRIES. New York Times (1857-Current  file). New York, N.Y.: Jan
24, 1988. p. XX12 (2 pages)