gymorexic (2005)

Rachel Shuttlesworth rshuttle at BAMA.UA.EDU
Thu Jul 21 17:41:41 UTC 2005

I came across the word "gymorexic", which I guess means something like
addicted to working out in gyms? I've only found the three examples
listed here.

http://gofugyourself.typepad.com/
"I think Jessica Simpson is getting gymorexic on us"

http://64.233.161.104/search?q=cache:p9CHnk6ez_4J:www.erinsborough.com/forum/index.php%3Fshowtopic%3D1949%26st%3D15+gymorexic+&hl=en&start=1
I wish they's shown some positive aspects of going to the gym and
working out before going straight into all this obsession with body
image. Not everyone that goes to the gym is a 'gymorexic'. Some people
actually go there to keep fit and healthy.

http://socandive.blogspot.com/2005/01/evanescence-on-thursday-night.html
Feeling... anti-obsessive, anti-heroic, tenth-commandment guilty, cold,
middle school, old, gymorexic, wet all the time, tired all the time,
uninterested.

Rachel
--

Dr. Rachel E. Shuttlesworth
CLIR Post-Doctoral Fellow
University of Alabama Libraries
Box 870266, Tuscaloosa, Alabama 35487-0266
Office: 205.348.4655/ Fax:205.348.8833
rachel.e.shuttlesworth at ua.edu