Body Shop; Drums and Microphone

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Tue Jul 26 15:10:44 UTC 2005

BODY SHOP
Not in HDAS.
25 July 2005, New York Post, pg. 31, col. 1:
_SIMMERING SWINDLE_
_Indian fugitive intrigue sweeps up media big shots_
by Christopher Byron
(...)
(Box--ed.)
This week shareholders of New York-based The A Consulting Team, Inc. are
scheduled to vote on a merger with one such "body shop," Vanguard Info-Solutions
Inc., of New Jersey.
(...)
Squeezed from below by immigrant workers eager for any job in which a
reading and writing knowledge of English is not necessary, these workers are now
being squeezed from above by so-called "body shops" like Allserve, which have
sprung up to help cost-conscious employers outsource their back-office
operations to the low-wage economies of Asia.
(GOOGLE)
[PDF] _Why Offshore Your Software and Web Development? Introduction  ..._
(http://www.google.com/url?sa=U&start=18&q=http://www.offshore-software.ru/arcadia
_why_offshore.pdf&e=912)
File Format:  PDF/Adobe Acrobat - _View as HTML_
(http://64.233.161.104/search?q=cache:2p6jXD5x7PoJ:www.offshore-software.ru/arcadia_why_offshore.pdf+"body+
shop"+and+india+and+outsourcing&hl=en&start=18&ie=UTF-8)
Your browser may not have a PDF reader available. Google  recommends visiting
our _text version_
(http://64.233.161.104/search?q=cache:2p6jXD5x7PoJ:www.offshore-software.ru/arcadia_why_offshore.pdf+"body+shop"+and+india+and+outsourcin
g&hl=en&start=18&ie=UTF-8)  of this  document.
outsourcing and offshore software  development, and why you may wish to
consider
... The term  “body shop” refers to a local firm whose working staff are  ...
www.offshore-software.ru/arcadia_why_offshore.pdf - _Similar pages_
(http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&q=related:www.offshore-software.ru/arca
dia_why_offshore.pdf)
_CPR: April 2004: Shipping Out_
(http://www.google.com/url?sa=U&start=19&q=http://www.columbia.edu/cu/cpu/cpr/issues/3/4/shipping_out.html&e=912)
But it  is white, not blue-collar outsourcing to destinations like India
that ...
the tech industry calls a ‘body shop,’ a  company which obtains technical ...
www.columbia.edu/cu/cpu/ cpr/issues/3/4/shipping_out.html - 25k - _Cached_
(http://64.233.161.104/search?q=cache:pvgWFhkl9YwJ:www.columbia.edu/cu/cpu/cpr/is
sues/3/4/shipping_out.html+"body+shop"+and+india+and+outsourcing&hl=en&start=1
9&ie=UTF-8)  - _Similar pages_
(http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&q=related:www.columbia.edu/cu/cpu/cpr/issues/3/4/shipping_out.html)
_Flames_
(http://www.google.com/url?sa=U&start=3&q=http://itworkers-alliance.org/flames/messages/7/85.html?1052811729&e=912)
Flames. Furore over Telstra  Outsourcing to India ... Also, I would like to
note
that  these India body shop are taking jobs away from Australian  graduates,
itworkers-alliance.org/  flames/messages/7/85.html?1052811729 - 27k -
_Cached_
(http://72.14.207.104/search?q=cache:acgy5RzK4-cJ:itworkers-alliance.org/flames/messages/7/85.html?1052811729+"body+shop"+and+india+and+outsourcing&hl=en&s
tart=3&ie=UTF-8)  - _Similar pages_
(http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&q=related:itworkers-alliance.org/flames/messages/7/85.html?1052811729)

_OUTSOURCING LAW AND BUSINESS JOURNAL - JULY AUGUST  ISSUE_
(http://www.google.com/url?sa=U&start=16&q=http://www.outsourcing-law.com/newsletter/2003/Jul_Au
g.htm&e=912)
... companies that make L-1  nonimmigrants available for "body shop"
services.  See
... 2003 India Outsourcing Summit, Bangalore,  India, October 15-16, 2003. ...
www.outsourcing-law.com/newsletter/2003/Jul_Aug.htm - 41k - _Cached_
(http://64.233.161.104/search?q=cache:fNquG3i0UnYJ:www.outsourcing-law.com/newsletter/2
003/Jul_Aug.htm+"body+shop"+and+india+and+outsourcing&hl=
en&start=16&ie=UTF-8)  - _Similar pages_
(http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&q=related:www.outsourcing-law.com/newsletter/2003/Jul_Aug.htm)
_The Future of Outsourcing - Newsweek Small Business Report  - MSNBC.com_
(http://www.google.com/url?sa=U&start=15&q=http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4710104/sit
e/newsweek/&e=912)
He argues that right now India is  more a body shop, ready to develop for
other
...  Crofton, MD: Does outsourcing, say, in India and China really help  the
www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4710104/site/newsweek/ - 82k - _Cached_
(http://64.233.161.104/search?q=cache:FslpueA_riUJ:www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4710104/site/newsweek/+
"body+shop"+and+india+and+outsourcing&hl=en&start=15&ie=UTF-8)  - _Similar
pages_
(http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&q=related:www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4710104/site/newsweek/)
DRUMS AND MICROPHONE
In a few hours, I'll address the OutPOCPAC (Out People of Color Political
Action Club).
In other matters, a friend at work gave me "tips" about something else.
"Bang on the drums!" he said. Drums? Is this in HDAS? Then he mentioned
"microphone." HDAS?
Must be some concert I don't know about.