go electric/acoustic

Thu Jul 28 15:29:48 UTC 2005

> I'm sure Dylanologists could track down contemporary print
> accounts of Dylan "going electric" at the 1965 Newport Folk
> Festival. Here are the earliest cites I can find for "go
> electric" and "go acoustic":
>
> -----
> 1969 _N.Y. Times_ 20 Apr. D32/1 "The year Dylan went
> electric," she [sc.
> Joni Mitchell] said, "the folk clubs started closing all over
> the country."
> -----

"Chicago Visitor" Will Leonard
Chicago Tribune; Oct 11, 1964; pg. G11 col 2.
"Will was a sterling folk singer a few months ago at Old Town North; now
his guitar has gone electric and been amplified, and he's a songster of
all trades, punching vigorously thru a virile repertory that commands
attention and appreciation."