Chicago hot dogs (1980); Gnudi

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Wed Jun 1 08:21:52 UTC 2005

GNUDI
I ate at this place about two weeks ago. It's reviewed in today's New York
Times.
_http://events.nytimes.com/2005/06/01/dining/reviews/01rest.html_
(http://events.nytimes.com/2005/06/01/dining/reviews/01rest.html)
Mr. Falai is a cheese freak in general - although his menu is short, it
includes the possibility of a cheese course, with a half-dozen northern Italian
cheeses available - and a freak for Parmesan and its siblings in particular.
His  remarkable gnudi, made from an eiderdown-fluffy mixture of baby spinach and
a  less watery ricotta called ricotta impastata, came with a floppy Parmesan
hat  over each of them.
CHICAGO HOT DOG
Andy Smith thinks I should devote my time to food. As if this "hot dog"
disaster could be any worse. Betcha no one quotes my "hot dog" book next month,
in July.
I noticed that the Chicago Tribune appears to have hit 1980 with the
digitization, so I looked for "hot dog" and "sport peppers."
The May 1980 article below should be read, even if the "hot dog" myth
appears in full. 1980 seems a little late, but that's what comes up. I then
searched for "Chicago hot dog."
_What  it takes to make a hot dog divine; Frank answers from Chicago's
cognoscenti What  it takes to make homemade hot dog toppings divine _
(http://proquest.umi.com/pqdweb?index=1&did=623572742&SrchMode=1&sid=2&Fmt=10&VInst=PROD&VTyp
e=PQD&RQT=309&VName=HNP&TS=1117613346&clientId=65882)
Margaret Sheridan. Chicago Tribune  (1963-Current file). Chicago, Ill.: May
15, 1980. p. S_A1 (2 pages)

_Dog  Days on the Potomac; Red Hots! Get Your Red Hots! _
(http://proquest.umi.com/pqdweb?index=2&did=130583372&SrchMode=1&sid=2&Fmt=12&VInst=PROD&VType=PQD
&RQT=309&VName=HNP&TS=1117613346&clientId=65882)
By  Diane GranatSpecial to The Washington Post. The  Washington Post
(1974-Current file). Washington, D.C.: Sep 11, 1980. p.  E1 (2 pages)
_The  great Chicago hot dog quest; The G & D is full of real hot doggers. One
guy  demolishes three beauties in less than 10 minutes. _
(http://proquest.umi.com/pqdweb?index=2&did=597156472&SrchMode=1&sid=3&Fmt=10&VInst=PROD&VType=PQD
&RQT=309&VName=HNP&TS=1117613792&clientId=65882)
NORBERT BLEI. Chicago Tribune (1963-Current  file). Chicago, Ill.: Jun 6,
1971. p. G24 (4 pages)
_Letters;  THE FRANKS OF CHICAGO _
(http://proquest.umi.com/pqdweb?index=3&did=597337942&SrchMode=1&sid=3&Fmt=10&VInst=PROD&VType=PQD&RQT=309&VName=HNP&TS=1
117613792&clientId=65882)
Carol Sadewasser. Chicago Tribune (1963-Current file). Chicago, Ill.: Jul 18,
 1971. p. G4 (1 page)
_HOT  DOG RESPONSE_
(http://proquest.umi.com/pqdweb?index=4&did=597368292&SrchMode=1&sid=3&Fmt=10&VInst=PROD&VType=PQD&RQT=309&VName=HNP&TS=1117613792&clien
tId=65882)
Lenore Goldman. Chicago Tribune (1963-Current file). Chicago, Ill.: Jul 25,
1971. p. H5 (1 page)
_Chicago  is..._
(http://proquest.umi.com/pqdweb?index=14&did=619364672&SrchMode=1&sid=3&Fmt=10&VInst=PROD&VType=PQD&RQT=309&VName=HNP&TS=1117613921&clientI
d=65882)
Phylis Magida. Chicago  Tribune (1963-Current file). Chicago, Ill.: Jan 8,
1979. p. E1 (2 pages)