Billion here, billion there (1955, 1956)

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Thu Jun 2 02:59:28 UTC 2005

At 2:27 AM -0400 6/1/05, Bapopik at AOL.COM wrote:
>What did we have on this?

I think the common folklore attributes this (often in the form "a
billion here, a billion there, and pretty soon you're talking about
real money") to Sen. Everett Dirksen (R-Ill.), from sometime in the
1950s.  I don't have any citations to support this attribution.

Larry