Half-orphan

FRITZ JUENGLING juengling_fritz at SALKEIZ.K12.OR.US
Tue Jun 7 22:25:03 UTC 2005

This is a most curious term.  I had always thought an orphan was a person who had lost at least ONE parent, but not necessarily both. Therefore, half-orphan is superfluous for me.
Fritz J

>>> gogaku at IX.NETCOM.COM 06/07/05 02:20PM >>>
That seems like an oversight as well, then. The meaning of half-orphan
wasn't transparent to me when I saw it today. I was right in my guess at its
meaning, but I wasn't confident till I saw it defined.

Benjamin Barrett
Baking the World a Better Place
www.hiroki.us