What is this?

FRITZ JUENGLING juengling_fritz at SALKEIZ.K12.OR.US
Wed Jun 8 20:17:56 UTC 2005

I have a colleague who specializes in these blends.  She doesn't even try, she just does it. I think it's so cool that I have tried to master this art, but I am convinced it's a gift.  I come up with stupid things like "Don't cross your chickens 'til your bridges have hatched." But she's brilliant.
Just this morning, she said "Song and pony show." This just flows.
My favorite?: "This is so easy, it's like shooting babies in a barrel."

Fritz J

>>> pmcgraw at LINFIELD.EDU 06/08/05 09:12AM >>>
>>From an internal memo here at Linfield:

"Because they can't review the credentials of the successful hire, they are
putting a lot of eggs on the quality of the consultant."

This isn't a blend of two idioms, like "horse of a different feather" (a
usage beloved of the mother of a childhood friend of mine).  Rather, it's
an incomplete one, which renders it comical.

Is there a technical term for this, does anybody know?

Peter M.