Antedating of "snazzy" (BBC Wordhunt)

Fri Jun 10 16:55:05 UTC 2005

 snazzy adj. OED/Wordhunt has 1932

Los Angeles Times; Dec 13, 1931; sec III, pg. 1, col 4.
"Trojans Turn to Terpsichore for Training Tips" by Mary Mayer.
"I had an idea, I actually did, what they meant, but they just followed
along like lambs to the slaughter, ab-so-lutely innocent, and looking so
snazzy."

Later on, in col 5, "snozzy" (not in OED):
"I mean they didn't know just how to act and every time they were
supposed to swing their partners, it was perfectly snozzy."

Also, "apple polish", also in col. 5. (v, not in OED):
"Miss Price, that's our instructor, you know, the one that is simply
adorable, well anyway, all the boys try to apple-polish her into giving
them a good grade."

Also, "snitzy" , p. 13, col 4 (Not in OED) (note "killing" as well)
"And you should have seen all those snitzy Liberal Arts students when
they found out.  It was just too killing."