"Funademental Tenants"

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Mon Jun 13 02:25:10 UTC 2005

FUNDAMENTAL TENANS--777 Google hits, 168 Google Groups hits
FUNDAMENTAL TENENETS--259 Google hits, 139 Google Groups hits
FUNDAMENTAL TENETS--56,300 Google hits, 5,300 Google Groups hits
"Fundamental tenants" sounds like something surely from New York City. I  saw
it in the passage below.
I met Sam Sloan again recently. We played a rated chess game in 1977; he  was
legendary even then. I can't explain his story here, but type "Sam Sloan"
into Technorati.com. He says that his website--well designed for about 1990,
horrible today--gets 15,000 unique hits a day. He said that he'll mention me and
 I'll get a few thousand extra hits.
These past few weeks have been interesting.
_http://www.recommendingmike.com/2005/05/samsloancom.html_
(http://www.recommendingmike.com/2005/05/samsloancom.html)

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

SamSloan.com

Hands down the best personal home page ever created. From the  bumping MIDI
tracks to the photos of Sam with his "wild Icelandic girls" at an  after-party
for the 1972 Fischer - Spassky chess match in Reykjavik, this is  why the
Internet was invented. Sam Sloan is more fun to follow than sports and  more fun
to watch than television.

Thus far, none of Tim's  recommendations have given me cause to utter out
loud, "What the fuck?" After  visiting _Mr. Sloan's  website_
(http://samsloan.com/index.htm) , I can proudly say that I not only uttered the phrase in
question to myself, I screamed it at the top of my lungs, while pulling my hair  out
and gouging myself in the eyes, trying to slap some sense into my PowerBook,
clicking hyperlink after hyperlink after hyperlink, awash in frustration and
confusion and growing increasingly paranoid that maybe all this time, all
these  years, I have been wrong about the fundamental tenants of life, that maybe
Sam  Sloan is right about _everything_ (http://samsloan.com/vowels.htm) ,
and I know nothing, and I certainly don't have enough _hyperlinks_
(http://samsloan.com/sexinamerica.htm)  in Recommending Mike, and how will this  website
ever come to mean anything to anybody when this is what I have to  compete with
for other people's attention?

This is the kind of website  that makes you realize that, until the Internet,
there was a special kind of  crazy that existed in the various strains of the
human species but was never  allowed to fully express itself. Thanks to
technology, it appears that crazies  are on the upswing here in the early 21st
century, but it just ain't so! They've  been with us all along. It just wasn't
until recently that one could tell  millions of people _really personal things
about ex-girlfriends_ (http://samsloan.com/no-case.htm)  in such a  uniquely
creepy way (i.e., while ungodly MIDI jams loop in the  background).

As far as confirming or denying the recommendability of this  website is
concerned, there's no easy answer. On one hand, "the Internet is a  place where
absolutely nothing happens. You need to take advantage of that." On  the other
hand, if I'm going to waste my time in cyberspace, I happen to favor  the
instant gratification of the _Numa  Numa dance_
(http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/numa.php)  or something like that over the time-intesive pleasures of
_SamSloan.com_ (http://samsloan.com/index.htm) .

Sam Sloan _claims_ (http://samsloan.com/jenna.htm)  that  the FBI monitors
his website, which doesn't actually seem like that much of a  stretch. Sam Sloan
also wrote a book called _The Slave Children of Thomas Jefferson_
(http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/4906574009/ref=ase_slavesofthomasje/002-684
0718-7101643?v=glance&s=books) , which has an  average rating of 1.5 stars
from 3 reviews on Amazon.com.

posted by Recommending Mike at _6:11 PM_
(http://www.recommendingmike.com/2005/05/samsloancom.html)
(http://www.blogger.com/post-edit.g?blogID=9723938&postID=111586333875028356&quickEdit=true)