chrononaut

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at YAHOO.COM
Thu Jun 16 12:15:01 UTC 2005

MIT students held a gala for future time travelers this past May 7.  The idea was to post invitations in the present that would be read by chrononauts of the future, who would then zip back to 2005 for free drinks.

No confirmed time travelers appeared. However, it's not too late!  I'll be there as soon as I do some scheduled maintenance on the ol' time buggy!   Mark, I hope to see you there too!

JL

"Mark A. Mandel" <mamandel at LDC.UPENN.EDU> wrote:
Sender: American Dialect Society
Poster: "Mark A. Mandel"
Subject: Re: chrononaut

Jonathan Lighter will haven sayinged:

I recall "chrononaut" (time traveler) from the early '80s, if not a wee bit
earlier (I should probably go back there and check it out).

Twenty-five years later, Google reveals about 10,000 hits.
<<<

There's a game called "Chrononauts", in which each player takes the role of
a time-traveler trying to change selected historical events in order to
bring about a particular possible reality. I've played it a few times and
rather enjoy it.

mark by hand