hack

Dave Wilton dave at WILTON.NET
Thu Jun 16 13:23:07 UTC 2005

Here's an MIT cite of the verb from 1955:

"Mr. Eccles requests that anyone working or hacking on the electrical system
turn the power off to avoid fuse blowing." 5 April 1955, TMRC meeting
minutes, found in Onorato, J. (2002). Tech Model Railroad Club of M.I.T.:
the first fifty years. Cambridge, Mass., Tech Model Railroad Club.

--Dave Wilton
  dave at wilton.net
  http://www.wilton.net