Generalized Whore

Mon Jun 20 18:03:59 UTC 2005

Benjamin Barrett <gogaku at IX.NETCOM.COM> sez:

I thought "sushi whore" was a funny, innovative marketing term
(www.sushiwhore.com) when I first spotted it earlier this year at Mashiko.

Today, though, I overheard a woman say, "I'm, like, a big clothes whore"
outside Caffe Fiore in Seattle in reference to her not having a large enough
closet. "A clothes whore" gets no fewer than 332 Googits, "a sushi whore"
25, "a beer whore" 127, "a dog whore" 112 (though that includes many
beastiality references), "a coffee whore" 150, and "a Starbucks whore" no
fewer than 70.
<<<<

Button seen >1x at sf conventions: "Harmony slut -- I'll sing with anyone".
(I spend much of my time at cons singing. This is more of a filkers' *
button than an sf button.)

* http://www.speakeasy.org/~mamandel/filk.html

-- Mark A. Mandel, The Filker With No Nickname
    http://filk.cracksandshards.com/
    Now on the Filker's Bardic Webring!