Soul Patch

Mon Jun 20 19:41:48 UTC 2005

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 15:23:06 -0400, sagehen <sagehen at WESTELCOM.COM> wrote:

>Jeff Sharlet evidently distinguishes soul-patches & goatees:
>"The  worship band, dressed in black, goateed or soul-patched or
>shag-headed, lay flat on their backs....." from "Soldiers of Christ,"
>/Harper's/ May 2005.

As it should be.  I'm surprised that so many references to Dizzy
Gillespie, Archie Moore, Frank Zappa, et al. use the term "goatee", since
I thought the defining feature of the goatee is its chin coverage.

An alt.music.frank-zappa thread in '93/'94 came up with these names:

imperial
Genghis
jazz beard
soul patch