No subject

Laurence Urdang urdang at SBCGLOBAL.NET
Thu Jun 23 13:47:16 UTC 2005

It is frustrating to send out a message to members of this list, all of whom seem to think me illiterate. I am quite familiar with the meanings of "pinch," "stick," etc., even---believe it or not---with the metaphoric meanings. I find it somewhat insulted that anybody feels that I require explanations of such meanings. Although I have never needed to do it literally, I know what it means to teach somebody to suck eggs.
I suggest that those who are moved to send out egg-sucking instructions first check the name of the recipient(s) on Google, where an inkling of
qualifications can be scanned.
L. Urdang