"all the faster'

Cohen, Gerald Leonard gcohen at UMR.EDU
Sat Jun 25 18:40:10 UTC 2005

"Is this all the faster this Model T will go?" --- This may represent (at least to some extent) a syntactic blend, from:

"Is this all the speed this Model T will get?" and:
"Can't this Model T go faster?"

I mention this just as a suggestion. If the construction is in fact a blend, it's not one of the clear, unambiguous type.

Gerald Cohen

        <snip>