Jumper cables

Dennis R. Preston preston at MSU.EDU
Sun Jun 26 11:07:36 UTC 2005

It is pan-ethnic; I've heard it for at least four groups. It refers
to an event where lots of people drive, but the group is stigmatized
as having old, out-of-repair cars (a common slam on groups perceived
as poor); when they are ready to leave the event, they must all get a
jump to start their cars.

dInIs

--
Dennis R. Preston
University Distinguished Professor of Linguistics
preston at msu.edu