wush (was Re: "Sock It to Me")

Tue Jun 28 15:37:22 UTC 2005

Wilson writes:

I am in complete agreement with you on this point. Another instance
occurs in the Stones' version of Bobby Womack's _It's All Over Now_.
The Stones sing "She hurt my nose open, that's no lie." The correct
line is "She had my nose open, that's no lie."
 <<<<<

Similarly, while researching* my part of our recent discussion on Mose
Allison, I found
 - that Eric Clapton had covered his song "Parchman Farm"
 - that the Clapton site I looked at listed the lyrics, crediting them
properly
 - but that the line
        "I'm puttin' that cotton in a 'leven-foot sack"
   was misquoted as
        "I'm puttin' that cotton in a never-full sack"

I don't know whether that's the way Clapton sang it or whether he got it
right and somebody transcribed him wrong.

* a comforting way of describing not working at work

-- Mark
[This text prepared with Dragon NaturallySpeaking.]