GOP's "Big Tent" (1955, 1957)

Tue Jun 28 15:42:43 UTC 2005

Bill Mullins quotes:

"Humanism is a n expansiv trisyllable, a veritable "big-tent" of a word,
sheltering many varieties of performance under its spreading canvas."
 <<<<<

Trisyllable? Hmm. Does the schwa not count because it has no letter, or the
'm' because its letter is not a vowel, or what?

(Meta-observation: I felt I had to add ", or what" to make it clear that I
didn't mean to pose a purely binary question.)

-- Mark
[This text prepared with Dragon NaturallySpeaking.]