"Sloppy Joe"--(2nd try)

Cohen, Gerald Leonard gcohen at UMR.EDU
Wed Jun 29 15:13:39 UTC 2005

A minute or so ago I sent a message after first transferring an older message from the ads-l archives to my email and then deleting the heading of the older message.  That deleted information in the heading then turned up somehow in the ads-l message I just sent (explanation: ?).
    Anyway, my apologies for the extra clutter. So (2nd try), here is the way message was intended to read:

  On July 2, 2003 Barry Popik posted a helpful item concerning "Sloppy Joe" (sandwich), but his last last quote seems partially incoherent ("'Sloppy Joe' sandwich makings" followed by 'whip cream...):

      29 November 1952, CHRONICLE TELEGRAM (Elyria, Ohio), pg. 6, col. 7:     While the guests are expending the last chord, you can warm up "Sloppy  Joe" sandwich makings whip cream to go on top of steaming cups of hot chocolate and serve the lunch in front of the fire.

Could someone with access to Newspaperarchive or a similar database check to see if this quote is accurate. Any help would be much appreciated.

Gerald Cohen