Yankees; was Re: FRIGIDAIRE and KLEENEX (was ICE BOX)

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Thu Mar 3 03:47:55 UTC 2005

At 9:54 PM -0500 3/2/05, James C Stalker wrote:
>I, a non-yankee by any measure but the international one, was told, on this
>site some years ago, that te ur-yankee was not only from Vermont, but from
>the Green Mountains and ate apple pie for breakfast.  How's that for
>defining sociolinguist variables?  That paraphrase is from memory.  Give me
>a few days and I can probably find the poster, and maybe even the original
>post, should anyone want to know.
>
>Jim

I would.  I just tried an archive search and didn't come up with it,
although there was one of Barry's involving "R U A Yankee"
diagnostics from the eponymous monthly that looked promising for a
moment.

Larry