"Western Union" by Moss Hart (1954)

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Thu Mar 3 04:16:37 UTC 2005

Fred Shapiro found earlier for the "Western Union" quote. I thought I'd search it with "Moss Hart," as per a previous post.

(NEWSPAPERARCHIVE)
   Van Wert Times Bulletin  Thursday, August 26, 1954 Van Wert, Ohio
...AND if you have a message. adds MOSS HART, "call WESTERN "UNION." CoDvntlit.....veteran practitioners, Kaulnian AND HART. warns George K mi fin, -in. "is..
Pg. 14, col. 7:
Terribly earnest young playwrights, without a vestige of humor in their make-ups, are advised to pay heed to those veteran practitioners, Kaufman and Hart. "Whimsy," warns George Kaufman, "Is what closes Saturday night." "And if you have a message," adds Moss Hart, "call Western Union."

("Try and Stop Me" by Bennett Cerf--ed.)