A couple of phallicisms

neil neil at TYPOG.CO.UK
Thu Mar 3 10:39:21 UTC 2005

on 3/3/05 4:42 am, Wilson Gray at wilson.gray at RCN.COM wrote:

> -----------------------
> Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
> Poster:       Wilson Gray <wilson.gray at RCN.COM>
> Subject:      A couple of phallicisms

--> -

> My dick was as hard as a molunk chunk
>
> My dick was as hard as times was in 1932
>
> My dick was so hard that I didn't have enough skin left to close my eyes
>
> -Wilson Gray

Not so much hard as sweet:

"I don't want to do this." I said.
He stepped back. He had an erection. "You don't like it?"
He rubbed himself with one hand. "My dick's so sweet, it'll give you
cavities."
-- Susanna Moore, 'In The Cut', Picador, London, 1996, 163

-Neil Crawford (who has come across 'hard as a policeman's nightstick')