"your guys's" (2nd person pl. poss.)

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at YAHOO.COM
Wed Mar 9 02:49:41 UTC 2005

The amusing 2004 film, _Napoleon Dynamite_ features a poor nerd antihero who says the following:

"Could I use your guys's phone for a sec ?"

The plot is set in the town of Preston, ID, which happens to be the birthplace of cowriter Jared Hess (b. 1979).

Google turns up nearly 7,000 hits for "your guys's," so I think we can consider it real.  (That's twice as many hits as for "you guys's," though the former group may be swollen artificially by references to the film.)

Me, I say "your.

JL