Collegiate "geek" in the '70s (was Re: Synonymy avoidance)

Wilson Gray wilson.gray at RCN.COM
Fri Mar 11 19:14:34 UTC 2005

I'm afraid that you're just too young, Ben. If you'd been around in
the '40's and '50's, said ruination of a perfectly good word would
trigger a slight feeling of annoyance every time that you came across
it in its new (to you) usage.

-Wilson