"Work like you don't need the money..." (1989)

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Sat Mar 12 08:34:18 UTC 2005

I was searching for "favorite cliche/phrase" and found this one. I don't know if Fred has it.

(GOOGLE)
THE MAKING OF BETTIE PAGE UNCENSORED 3
... FAVORITE CLICHE PHRASE: Work like you don't need the money, love like you've
never been hurt, dance like nobody's watching. ...
www.psychotronic.info/archive/bettie/making_bpu3.htm - 6k - Cached - Similar pages

WORK LIKE YOU DON'T NEED THE MONEY--29,700 Google hits, 37,600 Google Groups hits
LOVE LIKE YOU'VE NEVER BEEN HURT--44,400 Google hits, 51,300 Google Groups hits
DANCE LIKE NOBODY'S WATCHING--24,800 Google hits, 20,900 Google Groups hits

(GOOGLE GROUPS)
Dance Party in Buffalo
... It will be a great time!! :) Charlotte waff... at cs.buffalo.edu Work like
you don't need the money. Dance like no one is watching. ...
soc.motss - Feb 5 1995, 5:23 pm by Charlotte Wafford - 1 message - 1 author
Work like you don't need the money.
Dance like no one is watching.
Love like you've never been hurt.

(NEWSPAPERARCHIVE)
   Gleaner  Saturday, November 16, 2002 Kingston, Kingston
...C3 QUOTE OF THE WEEK U> WORK LIKE YOU DON'T NEED THE MONEY, Love LIKE YOU've.....kids leave THE house until YOU start WORK until YOU retire until YOU get..
Pg. C3, col. 1:
QUOTE OF THE WEEK

Work like you don't need the money, Love like you've never been hurt,
And dance like no one's watching.
--Anonymous.

(NEWSPAPERARCHIVE)
   Post Standard  Saturday, June 14, 1997 Syracuse, New York
...course, with a quote: "DANCE LIKE NO ONE IS WATCHING, love LIKE you've never.....been hurt: "sing LIKE NO ONE IS lIStening, and live LIKE it's..
Pg. B-3, col. 3:
After district administrators nominated her for the state's Teacher of the Year award, Wildrick had to fill out a lengthy application and get 10 letters of support. She ended, of course, with a quote:

"Dance like no one is watching, love like you've never been hurt;

"sing like no one is listening, and live like it's heaven on earth."

(NEWSPAPERARCHIVE)
   Syracuse Herald Journal  Sunday, December 06, 1998 Syracuse, New York
...need the money, AND to LOVE LIKE I've NEVER BEEN HURT. LOVE, Mike Tlie Family.....us all Until we meet one day again We LOVE you AND miss you LOVE, Mom, Dad..
Pg. B-4, col. 2 (Obituaries):
In Loving Memory of
Ellen Tangedahl

You taught me to dance
like no one's watching,
to work like I don't need
the money, and to love
like I've never been hurt.
Love. Mike

(PROQUEST)
kend: start: DEAR WEEKEND OVER TO YOU; [6]
Jess White. The Guardian. Manchester (UK): Mar 23, 2002. p. 12
Readers of LeAnn Rimes's Q&A (March 16) might have been surprised by her "motto" - "Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, and dance like nobody's watching" - thinking that it revealed a degree of depth not illustrated by her other responses. They may be less surprised to discover that it is taken from The Frank Sonata by The Longpigs, lyrics by Crispin Hunt.

Jess White

London SE9

(PROQUEST)
Weekend: DEAR WEEKEND: OVER TO YOU
The Guardian. Manchester (UK): Mar 30, 2002. p. 16
Jess White (Dear Weekend, March 23) credits the Longpigs' Crispin Hunt with the lyric, "Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, and dance like nobody's watching". It is from a Guy Clark song, Come From The Heart, on his 1989 album Old Friends. It was written by Susanna Clark and Richard Leigh.