Dork

Michael McKernan mckernan at LOCALNET.COM
Sat Mar 12 21:37:34 UTC 2005

Some additional google data, FWIW:

computer geek   384,000
computer nerd   112,000   computer nurd 335
computer dork   3,740
computer jerk   1,100
computer wonk   596
computer dink   113
computer gook   81

including:
Rusty and Tony's World
... I am a "computer gook", not quite smart enough to be a "geek". We met quite
by accident four years ago. We were both playing bingo online. ...
tonysgirl.bravepages.com/home/ - 11k - Cached - Similar pages

Briefly scanning the 'gook' data, I noticed the item above, which does
clearly specify a status hierarchy.

But the other 'gook' hits seem to be synonymous with the geek/nerd mainstream.

(A few 'gooks' refer to corrupted output, probably short for 'gobbledygook'.)

Michael McKernan