Dork

Michael McKernan mckernan at LOCALNET.COM
Sun Mar 13 00:16:14 UTC 2005

>On Sat, Mar 12, 2005 at 03:19:17PM -0800, Jonathan Lighter wrote:
>> Thank you, Ben.  Michael and I will not have to step outside after all.
>
>Damn, just when I thought ADS-L could be getting more exciting than
>your typical academic listserv.
>
>Jesse Sheidlower
>OED

While I find it quite comforting to be relegated to irrelevancy (where I
surely belong), I feel that I must defend my (and I believe, Jonathan's)
good intentions to duke it out if we could only have convinced our seconds
to do their duty.  Having no second myself, I accept more than a half-share
of responsibility for the fizzle of the fracas.  Anyone who says otherwise
is cruising for a bruising.

Michael McKernan