Bomb

Damien Hall halldj at BABEL.LING.UPENN.EDU
Mon Mar 14 16:08:11 UTC 2005

In the MIT slang list was:

'Bomb - When performed on a quiz, excellence; when performed on the "East
Campus Fence", extreme excellence.'

Am I right in thinking that since this list was published (and in general usage
- I've never been even once to MIT), *bomb* has reversed its slang meaning?  To
me, at least, in the context of tests (academic or in the more general sense of
'doing something challenging'), it now means 'fail'.  In my mental lexicon it
has always been a shortening of 'bomb out'.

Damien Hall
University of Pennsylvania