"gook" (rhymes with "book")

Dennis R. Preston preston at MSU.EDU
Thu Mar 17 17:46:42 UTC 2005

larry,

You have now heard /guk/ for the last syllable of "gobbledy...".
Well, you didn't really hear it, but you can imagine my dulcet tones.

It has no connection with the xenoslur, but it may be connected (my
introspector is broke today) with my guck, which I can pronounce
either /g^k/ (contamination from 'yuck(y)'?) or /gUk/ (but definitely
not /guk/.

dInIs

--
Dennis R. Preston