"euphemism" = metaphor or figure of speech

Peter A. McGraw pmcgraw at LINFIELD.EDU
Wed Mar 23 00:44:04 UTC 2005

This just points up the urgent need for Congress to pass a law establishing
a speed limit on semantic evolution.  It shouldn't be allowed to occur at a
speed any faster than I can keep up with! :)

Peter Mc.

--On Tuesday, March 22, 2005 1:01 PM -0800 Jonathan Lighter