snowglobes? snowdomes?

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Wed Mar 23 16:56:33 UTC 2005

I asked my 20-year-old daughter, to obtain a younger-generation
informant judgment.  She replies as below.

Larry

>What do you call those glass- or plastic-covered novelty items they
>sell in souvenir shops that have tourist scenes inside with fake snow
>that settles slowly back down on the scene when you turn them
>upside-down and then put them back right side up again?

uh oh, i'm not sure if i thought of "snow globes" or "snow domes"
first. but i would call them snow globes if i was actually talking,
actually snow domes sounds really wierd in comparison.