MTA (More Trouble Ahead) nicknames

Wilson Gray wilson.gray at RCN.COM
Mon Mar 28 20:11:46 UTC 2005

As it happens, it was decades after I read the story before I had
occasion to ride the subway and, by that time, the effect of the story
had worn off. So far, the weirdest thing that's happened to me on the
subway is only this. I once was getting onto a subway car in Boston
while wearing a UC Davis T-shirt just as about seven people also
wearing UC Davis T-shirts were getting off. There were frenzied shouts
of "Hi, Aggie!" and, a second later, we were going our separate ways. I
expect to run across people in Berkeley or UCLA gear, and even random
people in San Diego, Santa Barbara, etc. gear. But, in Davis gear? No.

-Wilson Gray