Fort Wood (was: Re: Hola)

Rex W. Stocklin stocklin at EARTHLINK.NET
Tue Mar 29 05:32:51 UTC 2005

At 9:02 PM -0600 3/28/05, Dave Hause wrote:

>I've also been hearing and using it for a long time (grew up in
>central Ill. but been in the Army for a long time).  (And, with no
>particular linguistic credentials, I've been making the periodic
>contribution for about two years with no particular flames - it's a
>pretty flame free list.)

Thanx Dave, for the heads up, but I've been known to test the
UL-approved limits. Lord knows why, I try to play nice. Guess cuz I
am a smartass. ;-)

>Dave Hause, dwhause at jobe.net
>Ft. Leonard Wood, MO

Fort Wood, huh, I've got a question for ya. How long have you
bivouacked there? Reason I axe is because on our many junkets hither
and yon thru central MO, we've found respite in Rolla at this lovely
dive called Papa Meaux's (perhaps THE best Creole/Cajun vittles slung
outside of N'awlins). I wondered if you've heard of it and wondered
whatever became of Papa Meaux. We drove through about two years ago
and the place was no longer there, after being a fixture for years.
Just down Kings Highway from the Sirloin Stockade or some such place.
I'd be forever in your debt or....I'd gladly pay you Tuesday for a
Po'Boy today....

Lexy Rexy
Fishers, IN