San Francisco University High School Slang

Erik Hoover grinchy at GRINCHY.COM
Wed Mar 30 21:33:38 UTC 2005

Moded was current in LA in the late '70s and early '80s when I was in
elementary and middle school.  I recall it mostly as a stand-alone
expression uttered on seeing another suffer some sort of defeat,
"Moded!"

Likely it also found use in reflexive expressions of affirmation to the
previous example, thusly:  "So moded!"

I wonder now, what other cultural junk do I have tucked in under the
layers of dust?

Erik
-------------
Important:
This email message and any attached files contain information intended
for the exclusive use of the individual or entity to whom it is
addressed
and may contain information that is proprietary, privileged,
confidential
and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any viewing, copying,
disclosure or distribution of this information may be subject to legal
restriction or sanction. Please notify the sender, by email or
telephone,
of any unintended recipients and delete the original message without
making any copies.