Oakland Tribune (1960-1975) Re: San Francisco University High School Slang

bapopik at AOL.COM bapopik at AOL.COM
Thu Mar 31 06:16:28 UTC 2005

Newspaperarchive has recently announced the Oakland Tribune (1960-75). I haven't seen it there yet. We have almost no coverage of Oakland/San Francisco in the 20th century.

Newspaperarchive has also announced a Texas newspaper, which will also be very welcome:

  Cool Content

What's New: This is exciting - among the new releases to our site in recent days are issues of the Oakland (CA) Tribune from 1960 and 1975. Previously, the only Oakland- or San Francisco-generated, Bay-area pages available to subscribers were of the pre-20th century variety. Also, the Fitchburg (MA) Sentinel, particularly well-represented from the years 1868-1935, has been updated to include images from 1933.

Finally, NewspaperARCHIVE.com has received confirmation that the pages on our site are being searched by Yahoo.com. That means our content can now be located by anyone using this powerful vehicle to search the Internet for historic newspaper images! So, check it out!

What's Next: The NewspaperARCHIVE.com lineup will once again expand in the near future when content from a publication in Victoria, TX is introduced. Located near Texas' Gulf Coast, Victoria is about halfway between San Antonio and Houston. Additionally, our archives will add new pages from Oakland and Fitchburg, as well as Syracuse, NY, Annapolis, MD and Doylestown, PA. For more updates, count on this space to let you know each week!