hashhouse lingo--was: Precious Nonsense (1895)...

Cohen, Gerald Leonard gcohen at UMR.EDU
Sun May 1 20:53:41 UTC 2005

In a 4/17/2005 ads-l message, Barry Popik presented a few more examples of hashhouse lingo. But I don't find them presented anywhere else and am therefore wondering whether the three terms below were actually used or were simply created by the author for humorous effect. Part of the (intended) humor of the passage below is the incongruous (and very unlikely!) use of hashhouse lingo in a fashionable hotel.

Gerald Cohen

[original message, 4/17/2005]: