BULLOCKS - euph/typo/LA pron.?

Dennis R. Preston preston at MSU.EDU
Tue May 3 12:40:56 UTC 2005

"Donder" is an interesting mistake which might
not be a typo. Could it have been influenced by
English "thunder"?

Nearly all dictionaries I consulted give
"ballocks" and "bollocks" as alternative
spellings but no "bullocks". Perhaps this German
band has a "'bulls-balls'pun in mind:

In der klassischen 4er Punkrock-Besetzung gründen
sie die Punkband THE BULLOCKS" (engl. Ochsen) und
setzen so die gute Düsseldorfer
PunkRock-Tradition (Z.K., MITTAGSPAUSE, MALE,
TOTE HOSEN, STUNDE X) fort.

dInIs

--
Dennis R. Preston
University Distinguished Professor of Linguistics
preston at msu.edu