Cold Feet

Tue May 3 21:38:05 UTC 2005

On May 3, 2005, at 09:56, bapopik at AOL.COM wrote:
> Are George Thompson and Grant Barrett working on new books?

Grant Barrett is.

> When will the old ADS-L archives become available?

Give Google a couple of days to index the 25,000+ index files and then
you should be able to search them here:

http://www.americandialect.org/index.php/amerdial/
1992_1999_emaillist_archive/

I looked at a number of scripts and indexers to use to search the old
archives and in the end realized that nothing topped Google for ease
and familiarity. All email addresses have been obfuscated to stop
spammers' address-scavenging spiders.

There are still many duplicates in the archives, but as there is no
easy way to cull them, except by hand, and that's clearly taking too
long for some people (*cough* Barry), I've uploaded them as they are.

--
Grant Barrett
gbarrett at americandialect.org
American Dialect Society webmaster