BULLOCKS - euph/typo/LA pron.?

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Wed May 4 14:58:57 UTC 2005

At 10:14 AM -0400 5/4/05, Mark A. Mandel wrote:
>Fritz rebuts Larry:

No he doesn't.  (I believe Jon was the rebuttee on this.)  I never
speculated on the prevalence of "poppycock", although I don't think
of it as particularly rare.  What I was rebutting was the proposed
'dried-up dung' etymology:

>  isn't "papekak" [sic] soft dung/excrement rather than the dried-up
>  variety?  Any Dutch speakers on the list?

...and I've since acknowledged that the spelling should have been "pappekak"