negation + "including" (dangling modifier for free)

Wed May 4 22:14:29 UTC 2005

from the Palo Alto Daily News, "City OKs university land deal" by
Jason Green, 5/4/05, p. 74:
-----
Although touted by university officials and city staff as a historic
deal, not everyone was in favor of the agreement, including council
member Yoriko Kishimoto.  Of the six council members eligible to vote
on the Mayfield agreement, Kishimoto cast the sole "no" vote.
-----

"not everyone was in favor" implies "there were people not in
favor"/"some people were not in favor", and *then* we get an explicit
reference to a group than kishimoto  can be asserted to be included
in.  for me, "not everyone" isn't enough to support the "including
NP" phrase.  but i'm guessing that other people's mileages vary.

arnold