"Leader DeLay"??? What's up with that?

Lal Zimman zimman at SFSU.EDU
Sat May 14 17:22:11 UTC 2005

One of my professors goes by her first name with graduate students but
prefers undergraduates to call her Dr., specifically because one does
not have to hold a Ph.D. to lecture at my university. She told me that
she would be fine without that title if she were teaching at an
institution where all teaching were doctors.

-Lal