The Corryer & "whole nine yards"?

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Sat May 14 23:50:45 UTC 2005

I checked OCLC WorldCat and the publication we need to read for historical
confirmation of "the whole nine yards" is:
THE CORRYER
Pensacola, Fla.: USNAAS Corry Field; United States; Florida; Escambia;
Pensacola.
Began in 1949?
FL UNIV OF W FLORIDA  1953-1954, 1956-1967 FWA
That's the only OCLC library that has it, but I'm sure that the base has a
full run of its own publication.
Local newspapers include:
Warrington sun
1948-1960
The Escambia sun-press
1960--
(Merger of Warrington sun and Escambia County press)
Pensacola times
1941-?
West Pensacola press
1953-?
Pensacola journal
1898-1985
Pensacola news
1900s-1985
(Now Pensacola news-journal)
These materials are not in the New York Public Library, of course. I can
take a short vacation in Florida to research this, or Gerald Cohen can
inter-library loan the CORRYER. It depends what Fred Shapiro's and Jonathon  Green's
deadlines are.