The Corryer (forward from R. Stratton)

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Sun May 15 11:59:03 UTC 2005

Premier resource in Florida:
National Museum of Naval Aviation's Emil  Buehler Library [
buehler at cnet.navy.mil  http://naval.aviation.museum  ]

Example:
Historic Newspapers and Periodicals

The library  includes an extensive collection of newspapers published around
the country that  feature headlines and articles relating to combat actions
and the space program.  In addition, the library holds ship, squadron, and
station newspapers, including  those from the following commands:

Naval Air Station Pensacola
Naval  Air Station Alameda, California
Naval Air Station Deland, Florida
Naval  Air Station Glenview, Illinois
Naval Air Station Jacksonville,  Florida
Naval Air Station Squantum, Massachusetts
Naval Air Station Floyd  Bennett Field, New York
Naval Air Station Lambert Field, St. Louis,  Missouri
Naval Air Station Corpus Christi, Texas
Aircraft Squadrons Battle  Fleet
USS Ranger (CV 4)
USS Kearsarge (CV 33)
USS Bunker Hill (CV  17)
USS Lexington (CV 2)
USS Yorktown (CV 10)

Also a potential font  of information would be air force fighter pilot
baladeer Dick Jonas;  dickjonas at erosonic.com

Base Newspapers are notoriously propaganda sheets  for the command. NAAS
Corry Field is now gone; Corry Station holds a number of  tenent non-flying
commands.

Happy hunting.

Dick  Stratton