"near-death experience" = "brush with death"

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at YAHOO.COM
Mon May 16 04:21:44 UTC 2005

Fox News Channel's "Sunday Best" has just observed that former Sen. Robert Dole "had a near-death experience in World War II."

That means he was nearly killed, and not, if I understand correctly, that he hovered over his own body, went up a tube of light, etc., etc.

If the latter sort of episode is what they really meant, the clip was singularly uninformative about it.

JL