wildflowers and weeds (was Re: Eggcorn?)

Peter A. McGraw pmcgraw at LINFIELD.EDU
Wed May 18 17:16:49 UTC 2005

Oh noooo!!!

So THAT'S what I planted in my garden a couple of years ago, thinking it
was an attractive little shrub (the foliage is pretty, and it even has a
pretty blossom).  Last year it unmasked itself as a ground cover, and this
year I'm realizing I have a battle on my hands like the one I already have
elsewhere with that creeper that has blossoms like periwinkle but bigger
leaves and another name (which I can never remember).  I was hoping I could
at least contain it to this small patch, but this exchange tells me that
cold-blooded mass murder is probably going to be the only solution.

Peter Mc.

--On Tuesday, May 17, 2005 5:24 PM -0700 "Arnold M. Zwicky"