Re:       Urdang, the facetious linguist (from ANS-L); Evian "nickname"

Thu May 19 17:03:40 UTC 2005

In a message dated 5/19/05 12:44:26 PM, bapopik at AOL.COM writes:

> URDANG, THE FACETIOUS LINGUIST (FROM ANS-L)
> Funny was not the issue. My earlier comment was facetious, not funny, and
> som,ebody had to ask if I was serious. That displays the lack of a sense of
> humor.
> L. Urdang

Well, why would somebody say something "facetious" ('treating serious issues
with deliberately inappropriate humor; flippant' -- NOAD) except in an attempt
to be funny? THAT displays the lack of a sense of humor!!!